Friday, February 18, 2011

Praying and Believing


This week a pastor in our community died from injuries suffered in a motorcycle accident.  He lost control through sand on an exit ramp, wearing his helmet.  He had no “early diagnosis”; his battle began and ended on that sandy path.  He trusted Christ as his savior and is experiencing Glory!  He’ll be missed by many but only for a short time for those who trust our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

My husband Mark rides a motorcycle too.  He’s always smart in the way he rides, and I have left all the risks to God. Although he doesn’t ride often, this is something that is rejuvenating and joyful for him, and we all benefit.  A time to enjoy God’s creation and reflect on His power and glory. God takes care of him, and I have a confident peace in this hobby.  But our life on earth is never certain.  Mark’s eternal life is certain.

So, I can’t worry about cancer, especially when God is so clearly guiding us through this battle. Although the plan seems at times ominous, not what we would choose, we are blessed to have a tremendously good prognosis.  This is curable…..if God allows it.

This morning I was led to Mark 11:24, “Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”  Wow, I’m praying for complete healing for Mark, and that he is totally restored.  But, do I “believe that I have received it” already?  Sounds a bit conditional to me.  Why shouldn’t I?  God already revealed himself to us through the story of Hezekiah.  I think he promised us at least 15 years!  And, the medical prognosis is GREAT!  I understand statistics; these are great odds, but I have something more powerful than science or math!  I have whispers from God Almighty, the Great Physician.  I do believe that God will heal and totally restore Mark!  Do you???   Pray for this please, but only if you believe!



No comments:

Post a Comment