Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Do not become weary...


This morning I spent an hour on the phone with the insurance company.  First I learned that they did not want to speak to me because I am only a WIFE.  After much holding time, forms sent, discussions with supervisors, and calls to my husband, I was finally given approval to speak on my husband’s behalf.  Do they not know that I am not just a wife but a ”help meet” – a term often used in the Bible to describe God Himself!

I’ll have to admit, my frustration level at that point was rather high. I prayed for patience and that I would treat the person on the other end of the phone exactly as Christ would have treated her.  Well God took over, because my anxiety was calmed and I even dusted my furniture while I waited!

While little real progress has been made in their evaluation of our treatment funding, I was blessed to have been routed to a very capable and helpful customer service representative.  Thank you God for sending her to me!  She was helpful in explaining parts of our policy that many insurance people had not been willing and/or able to explain.  She was caring, courteous, professional and proactive.  She is following up on our call.  It appears that the delay is somewhere in the data entry department……ugh! 

“Lord, please help the data entry pile to send my information to the top, the insurance reviewer to have a heart and mind worthy for a just and fair review, and bless those whose decisions would be pleasing to you!  Oh! And thank you that we do have insurance!  I know that we never thank YOU enough.  Amen.”

Galatian 6:9-10
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.”

No comments:

Post a Comment